Snacks On The Go: BodyOM
I’ve received an overwhelming number of questions for quick, easy and healthy options for snacks on the go. Whether it be running between classes, traveling for work or before and after a workout, many times options are limited and its super tough to eat well. I totally get it. I've been in the same situation as well and ate things that I normally wouldn't, but that's all what was available. So to help, I’ve been doing a lot of research on companies and types of food that will make it as easy as possible to live a healthier, more fit lifestyle. I will be featuring different types of food as well as companies that provide the best options to feed our body quality nutrients that are quick, easy and healthy.
On the blog today, BodyOM. They're 100% organic. raw and non-gmo.
BodyOM [bod-ee awm] is a subscription based company that delivers 12 single packed resealable 2 ounce fruit and nut snacks directly to your doorstep.
You can choose your own snacks or let BodyOM curate them for you: (snack options). I absolutely love that they source from the top 1% of farmers in the world, so that you have the ability to eat the best of the best from places that you may not be able to go visit. The pricing is $24/box for a monthly subscription, which breaks down to only $2/snack, but you know I've got you covered! I reached out to them and got you hooked up! When you purchase a single box of 12 packaged snacks, use promo code sweatspace at checkout to get $5 off your box of healthy snacks!
I tried all 12 snacks in the box, but wanted to include 5 of my favorites, where they’re sourced and when to eat them:
Wild Brazil Nuts from Amazon Forests (Brazil)
- Eat half the pack for a mid-afternoon snack, after a workout or for when you're traveling.
- Nutrients: High in Good Fat (keeps you full), Protein (repair muscle), Dietary Fiber (helps with digestion), Selenium (repair cell damage / slow skin’s aging process) and Magnesium (promotes a healthy heart)
Old Fashioned Mediterranean Pignolias (Italy)
- Eat half the pack for prior to a workout or add to your favorite salad and homemade pesto.
- Nutrients: High in Good Fat (keeps you full), Omega-3 (heart and brain health) Vitamin E and Manganese (skin anti-oxidants)
Unpasteuarized Sicilian Almonds (Italy)
- Eat half the pack for a snack, after a workout or for when you're traveling.
- Nutrients: High in Good Fat (keeps you full), Protein (repairs muscle), Dietary Fiber (lowers insulin levels) and Magnesium (promotes strong bones)
Sri-Lankan Raw Cashews (Sri Lanka)
- Eat half the pack for a snack, before a workout or when you’re traveling.
- Nutrients: Healthy Fats (provides more energy) and Magnesium (promotes normal sleep patterns)
Sun Dried Indian Mango Bites (India)
- Sprinkle them on top of your oatmeal for breakfast or for a better option to satisfy a sweet tooth.
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, C and E and fatty acids (healthy skin and boosted immune system)
Stay tuned for my Instagram: @sweatspace on Monday, October 5th! Look for a photo of the BodyOM Box for a chance to win a free 3-month subscription and a 30-minute consultation chat with me about fitness and/or nutrition! If there's anything that you have questions or would like to know more about, please don't hesitate to either leave a comment below or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope you have the most amazing day!
All the Best,