Training Mate: Wouldn’t Wanna Be Anywhere Else
Today starts my journey to sharing the best fitness and yoga studios that you have to try. I’ll be giving you the scoop on everything you’d want to know about the studio and if its actually worth going.
My first stop on the list is Training Mate, located in West Hollywood, CA.
Background on the Studio
I was really lucky to take a class with the owner, Luke Milton. He has so much energy, its insane! Anytime you start to feel like its getting tough, he’ll crack a joke to make you laugh. He played professional rugby in Australia and brought over his passion for health and fitness to LA three years ago and started Training Mate a year later. Something pretty cool to keep the authenticity of the brand is that all the staff are Australian and not to mention one of the friendliest teams that I’ve met.
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
- Everyday the workout varies, no two days will be the same
- 9 Exercise Stations: Weights, Spin Bike, Rowing Machine, Ropes, TRX
- 3 sets of each station for 45 seconds + 15 seconds rest
- End with 9 minutes of abs on patio (pictured below)
When you look at the schedule online, here is how to decipher what each day's workout theme is:
- Sunday / Wednesday: Mighty Mate = Full Body Workout
- Monday / Thursday: Bondi Burn = Upper Body Workout
- Tuesday / Friday: Thunder Down Under = Lower Body Workout
- Saturday: Sydney Circuit: Full Body Workout
- Name: Training Mate
- Website: trainingmatela.com
- Location: 7825 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046
- Phone: 323.380.5492
- Studio Type: HIIT + Circuit Training
- Pricing: First Class Free / For more details on additional pricing, Click Here
- Class Schedule: Click Here
- Parking: Metered Street Parking
- Water: Refillable Station + water bottles available for purchase
- Towels: Yes
- Shower: Yes
Overall this is one of the top studios that I’ve been to, I had an incredible workout, the experience was top notch and I will definitely be going back to workout again!
I hope that you have an amazing day!
All the Best,