Workout Essentials: 5 Things You Need
Whether it be at home or on the road, its always nice to have a few things that are easy to use and pack to help you stay active. I’ve put together a list of my five favorite things that are so essential to helping you stay fit anywhere and at anytime, especially if you don't have any access to weights. They are all an integral part of my own training program as well as my clients' and I won't go anywhere without them. I've included a brief overview and to save you time, I've also included a link to each of my favorite things. When you click on the name of the item, the link will take you directly to the site.
- Foam Roller - Its super light and will help you increase flexibility and reduce joint pain.
- TRX - You can use it anywhere that you can hang it on or anchor it to, including a doorway. Plus, you use your own bodyweight, so there's no need for weights.
- Super Bands - They come in different resistance levels dependent on what you're using them for. I recommend getting a 1/4” (resistance = 5-15lbs), 1/2” (resistance = 15-25lbs) and 1” (resistance = 50lbs) These are great for working your arms, legs and core.
- Mini Bands - These also comes in different resistance levels. I recommend getting a light, medium and heavy band so its easy to switch between exercises. They are amazing for strengthening and toning the legs.
- Lululemon Reversible 5mm Mat - Its thicker than most mats, so its more durable and gives you more support for your wrists, feet and back. This mat is also reversible and has antimicrobial additive to prevent bacteria.
I hope that you have the most amazing day!
All the Best,